Critical evaluation of effectiveness of lifestyle intervention in prevention or delaying progression of diabetes in adults
who are at high risk of developing type 2 diabetes. A literature review.
Lay Summary (200 words)
This section should contain:
• Succinct overview of the study in ‘lay’ language.
Background (400 words)
• Should demonstrate the ‘gap’ in the literature
• Rationale for study e.g. previous audit has demonstrated……. Or new directive/service introduced
• Context for study
• Not full literature review at this stage but should provide sufficient evidence that this study is required and ‘do-able’
Aims and Objectives (100 words)
• Should state the aim of the study
• Should include the objectives (what we need) to achieve the aim.
• Should use process words such as Identify, assess, evaluate, explore, outline, discuss, analyse, etc.
Approach and Methods (500 words)
• Should discuss, what is the overall methodology that addresses the study (the title)? Audit, literature review,
qualitative, or quantitative?
• Why is literature review is the best methodology to answer the title question (ie this study)
• Be clear about methodology
• Approach must be justified with the use of supporting literature
• Need to include some reading on selected methodology (literature review)
• Why is this the best method?
• Suggested inclusion/exclusion criteria
Likely Benefits (100 words)
• Should state the likely benefits to the:
• general e.g. to the NHS, to our understanding of an issue, to inform health care practice.
• local e.g. to inform policy in your organisation.
References (15-20 references)
This section should include the references that are:
• Key literature consulted to establish project:
Use the order calculator below and get ordering with essaygeek.com now! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.