Read the quantitative descriptive survey research study by Eldh, Vogel, Soderberg, Blomqvist, & Wengstrom “Use of Evidence in Clinical Guidelines and Everyday Practice for Mechanical Ventilation in Swedish Intensive Care Units”. Then complete a three to four page analysis and critique paper, 750 words. In this critique you will complete both the Synopsis and Credibility components from pages 419-420 of your textbook. (Refer to pages 423–426 to see a sample of a completed Appraisal).
Title your page with the following heading:
- Learning Activity #2: Your Name and the Date
- Appraisal of the Findings of a Descriptive Quantitative Study:
- Citation: Eldh, A. C., Vogel, G., Soderberg, A., Blomqvist, H., & Wengstrom, Y. (2013). Use of Evidence in Clinical Guidelines and Everyday Practice for Mechanical Ventilation in Swedish Intensive Care Units. Worldviews on Evidence-Based Nursing, 10(4), 198-207.
Use your own words to complete the critique Appraisal. In this critique you will complete both the Synopsis and Credibility components. Do all the components for Synopsis as done in LA#1. Then do all the components for Credibility. Use the following subheadings, to write a critique of the study, using your own words, and answering the following items in your paper. Copy each of the following items (with number) and then answer each question.
- What was the purpose of the study (research questions, purposes, and hypotheses)?
- How was the sample obtained?
- What inclusion or exclusion criteria were used?
- Who from the sample actually participated or contributed data?
- What methods were used to collect data (e,g., sequence of events, timing, types of data, and measures)?
- Was an intervention/treatment/clinical protocol tested? Yes ___ No ___
- What were the main findings of this study?
- Is the study published in peer-reviewed journal? Yes ___ No ___ Not clear ___. If yes, how did you find out this information?
- Was the research/experimental design used in this study appropriate for the research question? Yes ___ No ___ Not clear ___
- Did the data obtained and the data analysis that was conducted answer the research question? Yes ___ No ___ Not clear ___
- Were the measuring instruments used in this study reliable and valid? Yes ___ No ___ Not clear ___. How do you know this?
- Were important extraneous variables and potential bias controlled for in this study? Yes ___ No ___ Not clear ___
- Was the study free of extraneous variables introduced by how, when, and where the study was done? Yes ___ No ___ Not clear ___
- Are the findings consistent with or different from previous findings from other studies in this area of study? Yes ___ No ___ Not clear ___
- Are the study findings credible? All Yes ___ Some Yes ___ No ___
- Conclude your paper by stating whether you agree or disagree with the “Implications for practice and research” section in the study, or are there other ideas/research areas that should be addressed? Do you think the study findings would be different if the study was conducted with nurses in the USA, or do you think the findings would be very similar? Compare the study findings to your own clinical practice experience in relation to implementation of evidence-based practice guidelines. In your own experience, do you find the results from the Swedish nurses to be similar to what happens in your own USA-based clinical practice setting?
Use the order calculator below and get ordering with essaygeek.com now! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.