This quadrant format provides a framework to research, organize, analyze and write a research paper of a political philosopher. The four quadrants are: biography, context, reflection and interpretation.
1. BIOGRAPHY: The biographical study emphasizes the philosopher’s life and greatly enriches the understanding of his or her work. It is a chronology of the philosopher’s development
• Full name
• Birth and death dates
• What incidents have affected the philosopher’s life?
• What are the philosopher’s own views as seen in his/her statements or body of work?
2. CONTEXT: The contextual study emphasizes the philosopher’s social context; the time and place of the person. It is an approach that examines how the person’s work reflects issues of culture and society.
• What prevailing ideas and beliefs are embodied in the philosopher’s body of work?
• What religious, political, nationalistic and/or economic forces shaped the philosopher’s ideas or theories?
• What significant historical events had an effect upon his or her work?
• How does the philosopher’s body of work reflect a connection to his or her own time?
Note: You may not find all of the above listed points but try to do your best.
3. REFLECTION: The reflective quadrant explores philosophy as a tool of inquiry that involves analysis, interpretation, synthesis and narrative. Research is a thinking, reflective, stylistic, and textual process.
• What was the philosopher’s central idea or issue?
• Was it difficult for his or her fellow philosophers to accept? Why or why not?
4. INTERPRETION: The response is based upon the research and the researcher’s interpretation and conclusion.
• What did you discover?
• What meaning does the philosopher’s ideas have for you?
• How does his or her philosophy connect to your life?
• Does it make you more aware of politics and the need for social justice in the world?
• Do you believe that your philosopher deserves to be better known?
Use the order calculator below and get ordering with essaygeek.com now! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.